Friday, 14 May 2010

The New Twitter App On The Google Android HTC Desire Phone


It's arguable whether this new free app from the Android Marketplace, written by Twitter themselves, offers much more than "Peep", the built-in Twitter Client on the HTC Desire, but it does have some nice features.

I like the simple layout of the start screen, and the way that you can "surf" twitter in a similar way to Stumbleupon. Popular and trending Tweets appear at the bottom of the page, and you can tap on them to see the relevant posts. You can also tap on the bird to get trending topics sorted by "current", "daily" and "weekly".

It's easy to use and understand (a bit like Twitter), and I have to say that the little blue bird does make me smile. Check it out if you're into Twitter.

Thanks, Rob.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,

    I am thinking of getting the Desire after hearing so many good comments on it. But I also realised most of the users who comment on them online are techies who root their Desire. I am fine with using the OS as it is, but the small ROM for apps is a worrying point for me. Do you root your phone? If not, how do you find the adequacy of the ROM? Do you recommend a basic user like me to do it just for the apps2sd feature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    The Android ROM issue is a pain - if you install a lot of apps you'll end up removing some to free up memory.

    Hopefully Google will release an Android update to allow apps to be installed on the SD card, but until then just remember that re-installing apps is quick and easy via the Android marketplace, so it hasn't been a problem for me.

    I won't root my phone unless some really great app or feature comes out that requires it.

    Thanks, Rob.

    ReplyDelete