Thursday, 27 May 2010

Google Reader Mobile On The HTC Desire Android Mobile Phone


I wasn't really into using RSS and Google Reader on my desktop PC. Sure, I'd set it up and had my favourite feeds populating a custom folder, but it just didn't feel right looking at posts, I felt more at home actually visiting the websites themselves. This all changed when I got my HTC Desire and used Google Reader for mobile - I'm a RSS convert!

Here's a post on how to set up Google Reader on your desktop.

Now, with Google Reader on my Android Phone, I'm a bit of an RSS junkie. If I'm on my lunch break at work, standing in a queue at the bank, or waiting for my Wife as she shops, I'll fire up Google Reader for mobile and start reading the posts from my favourite blogs and websites - it's a great way to consume content.

Remember, Google Reader isn't in the Android Marketplace. All you have to do is set up Reader on your desktop, then navigate to reader using the Internet Browser on your phone, and you'll get the mobile experience. Brilliant!

Cheers, Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment