Thursday, 13 May 2010

Beebplayer App on the HTC Desire Google Android Smartphone


Watching TV on your PC just isn't that good an experience - there's too many distractions, but being able to watch TV on your phone, that's a whole different matter!

I have to admit that I was a little sceptical when I first downloaded the Beebplayer application from the Android Marketplace. It's a third party app that allows you to access the BBC's iPlayer catalogue, where you can watch re-runs of recent programmes.

Once I'd watched a couple of programmes that I'd missed on Live TV, my opinion changed. This is a great free Android App that is well worth installing and keeping updated - hey, the latest Dr. Who anyone?

Cheers, Rob.

6 comments:

  1. The app is not available worldwide :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the UK and this app seems unavailable now.
    A real shame, I know this would be very useful to me, hope they sort it out soon.

    Great blog Rob, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob

    Can you tell me which section i will find this app under please?

    Thanks very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    You can't get the app in the marketplace anymore, but it still works for those who have it. Maybe a Google search will help....

    Cheers, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the site as I have been desiring the HTC Desire for some time now. I have never had a contract phone before so i have lots of questions etc. The main one i am unsure about is how much of the 500mb a month internet this phone uses (watching videos, downloading apps, getting live RSS feeds etc) Can you help at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    For general use you'd be well under the limit, but if you started watching lots of video every day, then I guess you may come up against a problem.

    The trick is to wait until you're at a wi-fi hotspot before you do all the high-bandwidth stuff.

    Thanks, Rob.

    ReplyDelete