Friday, 30 April 2010

Mobile Blogging On The HTC Desire Phone With Wordpress And Blogaway


One of the reasons I wanted to get a smart-phone in the first place was to be able to write blog posts on the go. The ability to quickly add something to one of my bogs, say as I'm waiting around in a shop, was very important, and the HTC Desire, with the Wordpress and Blogaway apps, delivers.

Apart from using the applications directly, what I also really like is the integration of Social Media into all parts of the phone. If you take a photo you can share it immediately via Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, or one of your blogs. Find an article you like? Share that link almost immediately across those social networking sites.

Your phone becomes the hub of a fast, mobile, content creation and sharing experience. I believe what we're seeing here is only the start. As these apps, and the operating system, mature, the ability to share all of your content across multiple streams will become even easier.

Cheers, Rob.

6 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Just wondering if the Wordpress app would allow the "Speech to text" functionality? It would certainly be nice when you don't have a physical keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KEvans,

    It certainly does, and works fine as long as you break your speech up into short chunks and type more complicated words or sentences.

    Cheers, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange, I installed Blogaway (4.5 and then 4.51) after seeing this review, but it gives an error when you try to add your blog into the FavBlogs option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good post.
    I definitely appreciate this video. Continue the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The next time I read a blog, Hopefully it won't fail me just as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, nonetheless I genuinely believed you would have something useful to say. All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something that you could possibly fix if you weren't too busy seeking attention.

    ReplyDelete